Shirley Historical Society
Museum Gift Shop
Shirley Gift Shop item prices include Massachusetts sales tax. The pages listed above already have paypal buttons for each item.
The shipping price is just the cost of the envelope and postage, and that varies depending on weight. No handling fees are charged.
We have many more odds and ends of items which may interest you if you come in person. Email us to confirm that items are available. We will confirm and you may mail a check or use paypal.
- Each ornament is lightweight metal with a sketch of a town building and information on the back and comes in a gift box. Choose from First Parish Meetinghouse, Center Town Hall, or Old Fire Station – $14
Shirley Mug and Mousepad
- Photos taken around Shirley illustrate these attractive items which are on sale for $20 each. Only 2 left.
Books and Booklets
- A Promise to Keep, the Story of Dolly of Woodsvillage, written and illustrated by Sandy Farnsworth. $12.75 for shipping, add $5
- Here at Home – Oral Histories of 22 Shirley people – c. 2003 – $7.50
- Benton MacKaye, Conservationist, Planner, and Creator of the Appalachian Trail c. 2002 by Larry Anderson – $45.00 non-members $40.00 – members
- Boston’s Back Bay – by Newman and Holton – tells the story of filling in the Back Bay to build housing lots. One of the prime forces in this project was Norman C. Munson of Shirley. c. 2006 – $30.00 non-members, $25.00 members
- Reprint of Chandler’s History of Shirley – c.1883 – includes political and religious history of town, genealogy – $50.00 non-members, $40.00 members
- Montachusett Memories – includes 33 historic Shirley photos plus photos from other area towns – $40, Member price $35
- Reprint of Bolton’s Shirley Uplands and Intervales – c.1914 – Anecdotal history of town includes information on 200 Shirley houses, some genealogy – $35.00 non-members, $28.00 members
- Reprint of Town of Shirley Vital Records – births, marriages, and deaths to 1850 – $27.50
- The Shirley Story – by Forrest Bond Wing – c. 1981 – Chapters on old town roads, churches, schools, taverns, and Wing family history – $15.00
- Shirley Historic Diary 1914-1977 by Lucy P. Longley – $12.00
- As Season’s Change – poems by Melvin P. Longley – to benefit Longley Acres Conservation Fund – $10.00
- Town of Shirley Community Cookbook – $5.00
- Altrurian Club Anniversary Cookbook – $5.00
- The Last Dairy Farm in Shirley by Louise Longley – $8
- Captive and Redeemed – The 2 volume story of John Longley who was captured by the Abenaki Indians – c. 2010 – $25 for the set
The first book ($15) tells of his capture and the second book ($12) tells how his family tried to find him and return him to Groton.
Shaker related items for sale
- Reproductions of Shirley Shaker spice tins – $12.00
- Shakerism for Today – pamphlet explaining a 20th century faith – $1.50
- Guide to Shirley’s Shaker Buildings – pamphlet with sketches – $3.15
- Introducing the Shakers – good background information – $5.00
- Shaker Heritage Guidebook by Stuart Murray, explores all the Shaker villages and sites – Some copies are slightly used – $14.00
- Shaker Village Views by Robert Emler – $15.00
- A Shaker Meetinghouse and its Builder – $2.50
- Assorted individual Shaker titles. – Contact us for prices and availability.
Cats Meow Small Wooden Collectibles
Shirley Buildings Each building has historical information on the back.
- First Parish Meetinghouse – $12.00
- Center Town Hall – $10.00
- Civil War Monument – $8.00
- New Fire Station – $10.00
Odds and Ends
- Shirley Visors – canvas with black or green trim – $5.00
- Calendars with historic notes – $1.00
- 6″ Oval boxes illustrated with Shirley Center buildings – $9
- Set of 3 collectible coins featuring Shirley first Town Meeting house, Center Town Hall, Municipal Building – $25
- Or – purchase one coin for $10
250th Anniversary Items at Reduced Prices
- Canvas Bags – $10
- T-shirts medium – $5.00
- Videos and DVD’s of the 250th anniversary parade – $5
- Buttons – $1
- Sweatshirts – $10
First Parish Meetinghouse Sketch at Reduced Prices
- Signed and numbered prints – $15
- Matted signed and numbered print – $25
- Stationery – $1 each
- Framed pictures – $50